March 21, 2019 – 2 short assignments.
Today, we will be beginning 2 short assignments, 1 is an “eye spy” assignment, 1 is a “word on the street” assignment.
Eye Spy photo – Show off your developing photographic eye by producing an “eye spy” photo. This photo will be very close up, or taken from an unfamiliar perspective. Place the photo on an indesign document and add touches to be visually appealing.
Word on the street – This will require you to take photos of at least 6 people. You will ask 6 people a question, and then record their answer and take a photo of them. Once you have collected all of this information, lay everything out using adobe indesign,
Assignments should both be printed on tabloid sized paper.
March 18, 2019 – Welcome back!
Today, students will have time to make some last changes to the light painting and multiplicity assignments from before the break.
Students who are completely caught up, may begin building their photographic portfolio, and start thinking about a long term photographic project. This project may encompass many different things, including the passage of time. We will start by discussing today.
March 7 & 8, 2019 – If you are completely finished all assigned work, you are to seek out at least 1 story online, relating to communications technology, which you will share when we get back from the break.
March 5, 2019 – Multiplicity Assignment.
- Take 3 or more photos in a tripod without moving the tripod at all.
2. In Photoshop, Edit –>Scripts–>Load files into stack
3. Choose the first layer in the photoshop document, on this layer, create a layer mask.
4. Choose your foreground colour as black and paint over the image of the person.
5. Press Ctrl+I to inverse the image
6. repeat steps 3- 5 until you have completed the image.
7. Save as a .psd and a .jpg file.
February 28, 2019 – Light painting assignment.
For this assignment, you will create 2 works on 11×17 inch (tabloid) sized paper.
1 – Your favourite light painting photo after your experimentation through trial and error. The photo should take up the entire paper, with a 1/2 inch margin. You will identify your work by using a watermark on the photo, added in Photoshop.
2 – A newspaper-style layout with the headling “Light Painting”, “My first light painting” or something to that effect. On the page, you will have at least 6 components, with a layout resembling a magazine or newspaper. The components will be –
- One of your light painting photos
- A photo of you with your light painting setup (lights on)
- In your words, how light painting is done.
- Other applications of light painting
- A famous or impressive light painting image.
- This will all be laid out using portrait format on 11×17 paper.
February 26, 2019 – Introduction to photography.
Today, you will perform a couple of activities to get ready for photography.
Second, explore the following websites – they are camera simulators. You will want to adjust shutter speed, aperature size, and ISO on these simulators, and try to draw conclusions of what these controls do to photographs.
List of 10 different camera simulators (you may wish to check them all out)
Third, explore through the following portfolios –
Last, send me an email answering three points –
- describe your level of experience using Digital SLR cameras. Do you own one? Have you ever used one?
- Describe one technique you would really like to learn with the SLR cameras.
- In a sentance or 2, describe to me why you feel it is necessary to have an understanding of privacy and decency when using cameras. Why is it important to respect privacy in the high school photography classroom?
Send the email to email@example.com
When you are complete, you will have free time to continue advancing your skills with Adobe Indesign and Photoshop.
February 21, 2019 – Indesign continued.
By the end of today, students will create a 2 or 3 column text document using Adobe Indesign. Students may copy their text from a Wikipedia page, for example. The document should include :
- Headline text
- subhead text
- a photo, which has text wrap applied to it
- a pull-quote, which has text wrap applied to it.
February 20, 2019 – Indesign continued
By the end of today, students will create a motivational poster (must be positive), and a composite photo which may include typing on a path.
Both of these pieces must be printed out using the classroom printer.
February 19, 2019 – Introduction to Adobe Indesign
By the end of today, students will : Print out a 2 polished works with Adobe Indesign
Your polished work should include :
(1) A background image, Text with Stroke, A well-thought out margin.
(2) A photo (or photos) that have been placed into text.
February 14 & 15, 2019 –
Today you will be working on your first work for assessment. You may choose from one of the below tasks, choose either a or b –
a) Students are to use Adobe Photoshop to create 2 Valentines cards – 1 that is made from a blank canvas, and one that is created with a background image. Your valentines cards should be at least 1000 pixels wide, so that we may print them out.
Using all of your knowledge thus far, including selection tools, gradient tools, blending layers, adding effects to text, writing on a path, and filters, create 2 valentines cards using Adobe Photoshop.
b) Using adobe photoshop, create two works which display both your interests and your abilities with adobe photoshop. Use all of your knowledge thus far, including selection tools, gradient tools, blending layers, adding effects to text, writing on a path, and filters.
WHen complete two images for submission, save them as .jpg files and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
February 13, 2019 –
Today, you are to make a composite image, using at least 5 different subjects to add on to an existing background.
You may wish to start with the DHS Flickr account for possible team images to use.
February 11, 2019 –
Today, get your photo from Mr. Darling’s flickr account.
You are to edit this photo in photoshop,
you should: transfer yourself to a new background, add a filter, and add some text, and add a layer effect to this text. When done, save this photo as a .jpg to your z: drive or to a cloud storage you have (for example, flickr.)
February 8, 2019 –
Students today are to open Adobe Photoshop at the beginning of class and continue to explore with it. Your exploration should include :
- Selecting an item from 1 photo and moving it to a new photo. Remember to use ctrl + t to free transform the moved item.
2. Writing along a path – Yesterday, you learned writing along a path to create a circular logo, today try to continue that while using other shapes. Try to create a triangular logo or an octagonal logo with writing – what looks best?
In addition, once you have made a circular logo, use the shape tools to draw a circle around the logo to make it look complete, and add a line drawing image in the middle. I look forward to seeing your creations!
If you have any work you would like to share from part 1 or 2, please save it as a .jpg and email to email@example.com
February 7, 2019 –
By the end of today –
You will know how to retreive images from google images.
You will have an introduction to Adobe Photoshop
You will perform basic edits to a photo
You will create a basic circle logo using photoshop
Hi! Welcome to Communications Technology.
Your first task is to send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In this email, please include the following information :
How often you use email?
Do you use Social media?
What do you feel you consume more of, Television, Youtube or other (short phone videos)
You may make the subject of the email as “first email”